Computer Based Testing
1. The college has moved from using word processor managed exams to much professional software that handles every aspect of question authoring, revising, storage, database, tagging, indexing, securing, retrieval, correction and item analysis. This has eased the process and moved it to standardized process throughout the whole college departments.
2. A 40 computers lab was with a server and multimedia capabilities was prepared as an exam center where exams are conducted, answers are instantly retrieved, and enables much beyond simple paper testing. The exam testing center is in testing phase and exams were done successfully in it.
3. Online exams with different question types and simulations are delivered for formative assessment, no summative exams are planned to be delivered online yet.
4. A committee has decided a unified format for question authoring, standard criteria for question banking and the steps for all aspects of exam bank
5. A digital question bank was formed using strict criteria for question selection, so only high quality question – built on computer analysis- are databased.
The Exam center has been working for 2 years, all digital paperless exams went successfuly with around 16 final exams done.